||2 bone-in pork chops (center cut with fat left on)
1/2 medium onion diced
1 tbs. coconut oil
4 tbs hot water
1 cup swiss chard chopped
2 tbs. coconut cream (trimmed off the top of coconut milk)
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tbs. bacon grease (or lard, or oil, or whatever you prefer!)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Saute onions in coconut oil until browned and pour water over to caramelize.
- Mix in chard and coconut cream and saute until chard is wilted and liquid is burned off, remove from skillet.
- Salt & pepper chops and cut a small slit in the side of the chop from the fat all the way through to the bone. Be sure to keep the blade in the same location at the insertion point so that you don’t make a huge gash in the side.
- Stuff onion, chard, coconut mixture inside the chops and reserve what won’t fit.
- Heat bacon grease (or other fat) in oven friendly skillet until slightly smoking over medium-high heat. Place chops in skillet and sear side for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip chop over, remove from heat and top the seared side of chop with remaining onion/chard mixture.
- Bake in skillet for 25-30 minutes or until instant read thermometer reads 150-160F.
Recipe taken from Paleo Comfort Foods