||1 small yellow onion, halved and sliced
2-3 small zucchini squash, halved and sliced
4-5 large tomatoes, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
A big handful of fresh basil, chopped
About 1/2 cup chives, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil of your choice over medium and saute the onions until translucent.
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic and bring to a simmer.
- Let the tomato mixture simmer, mixing occasionally until it begins to thicken.
- Add the basil, and a little bit of salt and pepper, stir and taste and season more if desired.
- Make little holes in the sauce with your spoon and crack an egg into each hole.
- Sprinkle the whole dish with chives, turn the heat down to low or medium low, cover and let the eggs cook until the whites are done but the yolks are still runny (about 5-8 minutes depending on how much sauce or how many eggs you cram into the skillet). Cook longer if you want your eggs cooked all the way through.
Recipe taken from Everyday Paleo