Think long and hard about why you came to the box today. Then get ready to push it.
Run 800 meters
10 rounds of the couplet:
Pull-up, 10 reps
Ring dip, 10 reps
Run 800 meters
recipe of the week
Sun Dried Tomato Meatballs With Creamy Pesto
2 lbs ground beef
2 tablespoons minced chives
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
½ cup minced sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
2 -3 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 cup walnut halves
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 cups fresh basil leaves
¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
½ cup coconut cream (Chill overnight one 13.5oz can of full fat coconut milk and the cream will solidify on the top, scoop this out to measure your 1/2 cup of coconut cream.)
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Mix all of the meatball ingredients together EXCEPT for the coconut oil and shape into golf ball size meatballs.
3. Heat a skillet over medium to medium high heat and add the tablespoon of coconut oil. Once the oil is melted and the skillet is hot, add the meatballs. Brown the meatballs on all sides in the hot pan.
4. If your skillet is oven safe, cover it and transfer to the oven and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes. If the skillet is NOT oven safe, move the meatballs to a large baking dish, cover and cook in the oven for an additional 7-10 minutes.
5. While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the pesto as instructed below.
6. To a food processor or blender add the walnuts, olives, garlic, and salt and process until smooth.
7. Add the remaining pesto ingredients and process again until smooth.
Recipe taken from Everyday Paleo.com
-Don’t forget that Kid Fit is going on every Saturday at noon for children aged 6-8.
-Only $25 to sign up to play Gaga with CFQ and CFNYC next Saturday, July 21st. Click here to reserve your spot.
-Please sign up for classes before you get to the box, and sign in once you arrive. If you don’t sign in, there is a burpee penalty. If you show up without signing up in advance, we will all laugh at you. Starting August 1, you will be required to sign up for class in advance, so get into the habit now.
-Beginners Classes are now in session. Want to get started with CrossFit Queens? Come in for our beginners sessions and learn the nine core CrossFit movements at your own pace. Classes meet on Tuesday and Thursday at 7am, and 8pm, and on Saturday at 9am.