Get your first 6 classes for only $19                                                                                                                    View Details >>
Back to Main Area
December 19th, 2011

WOD 111219

King_of_Queens_2011_20

Thank You To All Our Volunteers! We Could Not Have Done This Event Without Your Help!

WOD

15 min AMRAP
10 Push ups
10 KBS 2 Pood
10 Situps

Announcements

The Results of the first annual “King Of Queens” event.
1st Place – David Charbonneau
2nd Place – Dennis Marshall
3rd Place – Joel Willis
Click here for the King of Queens results (Score card)

-Congratulations to our Fall Nutrition Challenge Winners T.J. and Zoe!!! Great job. Looking good. Keep up the hard work.

– To all the CFQ athletes who competed in the “King Of Queens”, we hope you enjoyed yourselves and we are glad you represented our box at this event. If you didn’t register for the event we urge you to take advantage of any future events that may present themselves.  Here is what Tomy B. had to say about the “King Of Queens Event”:

Yesterday was so incredible I don’t really know what to say other than thank you to ALL of our coaches who in at least some small way (even in just the last week) made it possible for me to take part. The encouragement and support I received from my fellow CFQers was equally overwhelming.

Everyone should know I was very unsure about signing up- I debated with myself about it for a long time. It was definitely intimidating for me to think about competing against 50 other athletes, especially younger, more focused and experienced ones. (Machine can tell you how annoyingly nervous and excited I’ve been since last Monday when I tried my first handstand walk.) But I realized yesterday right before WOD 1, that every guy there was really only competing with himself and there was actually nothing to be nervous about at all. And I had no idea it would happen, but I feel like a different person than I was a week ago.

So I’m throwing it down for every CFQer. Get involved in the next event- whether it be Hail To The Queen, a strength or Oly cycle, the competition team, the games qualifier WODs, whatever. It will take your focus and your training to a level you probably didn’t even know you had in you. I was so worried about those deadlifts and 2ble unders all week that I didn’t give much thought to pistols, which I’d never done Rx in a WOD before. I did 28 yesterday before I realized I didn’t know that I could. In strength class the other night, Machine beat her 1rm deadlift by 20#- for 6 reps before she realized it.
It’s time to show some pride in our gym and our work. And Oh My God, you’ll be amazed at what adrenaline will do to you.

-T-Wrecks

Live CrossFit

Videos, journals, articles that will help your brain PR

Tips For Success For The CrossFit Newbie – Article

21 Responses to WOD 111219

1. Larry says:

Thanks for linking to my article. I appreciate it.

2. dom says:

First work out after one of the worse sicknesses I can recall in quite some time… RX 10 rounds plus 10 push-ups… still feeling weak, light-headed and a bit uneasy, but I think I’m still just under nourished and dehydrated…

Brian nice job with the 70lber I knew you could handle it.

Let’s RX tonight people… 2 poods is intimidating, but I watched a number of you work side by side with me scaling down kettlebells in past workouts… I know you can handle it… give it a swing.

Be safe. You can take comfort in knowing Mike will be watching your back angle like a hawk.

3. Brian Fink says:

RX 11 rounds plus 3 pushups.. Lower back was on fire but I’m glad you shamed me into grabbing that 70lber Dom, always good to have somebody push you that extra mile… Great workout to get the day started…

4. Ant@cfq says:

Rx (2pood) – 12 Rounds + 3 pushups

5. Tommy B says:

All this pep talk stuff, an awesome Monday WOD and I get F’n pinkeye.
    Anybody need few days off? Let’s cuddle…

6. Heather says:

Partnered up with Brandy on this with a 44lb kb and got through 10 rounds even.

7. Jess says:

WOD: 8 rounds + 8 pushups @ 35#

Nice work Christine! And Claudette, you’re amazing!

8. Ryan Daly says:

9 rounds + 10 push ups + 5 swings RX (good call Dom)
    Thanks to Andy I think i got 2 extra rounds. He wouldn’t let me quit.

Cash out: 5×3 OHS. 75,85,95,105 (in set 5 voigt informed me it was supposed to be a 3 second count getting into the bottom of the squat) did 95 2×3 to finish with that.

A very tough addition to OHS. It really forced me to engage my shoulders and get comfortable under the weight.

9. Icebox says:

8 rds + 5 pushups… 44# kettle bell. Good stuff!

10. Ron says:

Rx 9 rounds 10 pushups and 1kb swing. I have to get my cardio up to do better.

11. Rob says:

Last commented was posted by me. So tired I spelled my name wrong

12. Kevin says:

9 Rounds + 28 reps Rx.
    Props to Dom and Tom for words of inspiration as I was considering the 60# KB. Watching the King of Queens and 2 days of rest helped too!

13. dom says:

I love that modern technology allows me to motivate and encourage you while sitting in a bar!!

Good job crew! Big weights.

Tommy… wash your hands after you poop :p

14. Claudette says:

Thanks Jess!! Back atchya. Great job! I had a lot of aggression pent up so I took it out on the mufuggin kettlebell!
    8 rounds + 6 pushups, 44# KB